(keitai-l) Re: 7.5% of US SMS messages lost...

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 01/17/03
Jeff Russell wrote:
> I understand that many systems will only try and deliver a message for =
72
> hours. That will account for some of the percentage.

If you are still referring to SMS this is partly up to the sender.
Though some phones may not (easily) let you se it, each SMS contains a
setting which specifies for how long the message should try to be
delivered, typically this is "1 hour/6 hours/1 day/1 week/Maximal". Your
SMSC operator may of course reduce this to whatever you like, but in my
experience several days work fine.

A assumed that you are aware that you can request delivery reports for
your SMSs? I always have this turned on.

				/ Jonas
-- =

Jonas Petersson, X Media Solutions | mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Holmbrogr=E4nd 1, S-600 03 Norrk=F6ping | http://www.xms.se/
Tel: +46 (0)11 244805 | Fax: +46 (0)11 244809