(keitai-l) Re: microsoft spot

From: Dirk Rösler <dirkSPAM_at_tkm.att.ne.jp>
Date: 02/04/03
> a new
> trick of J-Phone is they display a weather icon on screen
> of your mobile .  the weather info is updated twice a day,
> and the phone can get updated when you enter a new cell.

Not sure if I understand the purpose of this, to save people having to
look at the sky? Is this just a proof of concept?

The FM broadcast capabilities seem very useful when you would want to
reach many mobile stations quickly and at the simultaneously, such as
in the case of a catastrophe like an earthquake which also destroyed
parts of the conventional infrastructure (like base stations).

Dirk