(keitai-l) Re: Uploading images...

From: Stuart Woodward <stuart_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/21/03
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:35:09 +0900
"Christian Anderson" <chris@jobdragon.com> wrote:

> I want to set something up so people can quickly upload their sha-mail or
> whatever images to my server, and am trying to figure out the best way.
>
> 2) have people email their images to a certain email address, and then the
> server handles things from there (storing it, etc...)  How much of a hassle
> is this?  I have NO idea how to do something like this... but it seems like
> it might be an easy way to get around the issues of ezweb, sky, and imode...

I wrote a Python script to unpack images from my Au phone, copy them to
a public folder on my webserver and to post a message to my blog with
the image included in it. It was pretty do, I'm sure there are going to
be a plethora of free and commercial software to do this soon.

Joi Ito has published his script which does the same:
http://joi.ito.com/archives/src/mail2entry-2002-12-25.tgz

More links can be found on his Moblogging Resources page:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0114939/outlines/moblog.html