(keitai-l) Re: RE : Re: nokia & siemens to support imode

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/10/03
Arjen van Blokland wrote:
> There might be some confusion here ;-)
>
> Both Ericsson and Nokia had i-mode phones complying to the DoCoMo specs for
> the Japanese market ;-)
> Nokia stopped their i-mode development quite some time ago as they needed
> their manpower to focus on 3G phones instead.

Here is a screenshot of the "ancient" Nokia i-mode phone:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/imodescreen3.gif
It was on the market for about 1/2 year. This NM502i model
was essentially the last Nokia-phone on the Japanese market.
As far as I know Nokia does not have any phones on the market
in Japan right now, except for GSM phones to be used in Europe,
and the 3G Nokia 6650 for J-Phone:
http://www.j-phone.com/english/release_detail/20021203_01e/20021203_04e.html
however I don't know how many of these have been sold, probably
very very few.

Gerhard
http://www.eurotechnology.com/