(keitai-l) Re: nokia imode text

From: Arjen van Blokland <ab_at_104.com>
Date: 03/12/03
Paul,

Both Ericsson and Nokia are huge in Japan, not in handsets but in the
network infrastructure.

Nokia had an i-mode PDC phone that was quite buggy. Maybe they hired just
2-3 people for a month who did the job ;-)
Nokia will bet on 3G phones that can also be used in the Japanese market
(see J-Phone 3G handset 6650 from Nokia).
SonyEricsson is (still) active in marketing handsets in Japan.

Arjen
ab@104.com