(keitai-l) Re: employment question

From: trendq.com <huh_at_trendq.com>
Date: 03/14/03
Curt gives good advice incl. the one about schmoozing(I know many foreigners
here in Tokyo who are total morons but get paid very very well due to their
people skills, which are yes, necessary skills.)
I just add a comment:
I am assuming the kind of tech job a foreigner may be pursuing in Japan
might pay so much that is it a possibility to hire an intrepreter/secretary
as official part of your employment package or at least as a temp staff who
comes in on certain days for the japanese language assistance needed
meetings?  If I were a smart Japanese corp(although not many around due to
bureaucratic restrictions), I would rather hire a foreigner who did the job
right even if it meant having a temp interpreter hang around because it may
cheaper than having to fix the tech work of a less capable person.
Gene