(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone HTTP Headers - Do they count these when billing?

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 03/28/03
I think J-Phone bill the content text plus a fake fixed header.
it's true for the messages (snd: 9 pkts, rcv: 0 pkts of 128 octs).
I'm not sure what happens when browsing.  my guess is no overhead.

carriers don't round up data bytes to packets at each session.
all the contents are added and rounded up to packet boundary at
the end of each month.  the difference between 128 and 129 bytes
is exactly 0.3/128 yen.  I'm sure of it for J-Phone and DoCoMo.
for au/KDDI, it's too cheap to care.