(keitai-l) Re: new 505i phones (OT: flash and flash)

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 04/11/03
//  Probably because the speed of downloads did not increase. As I
//  understand it, the maximum i-appli size is based on the amount of time
//  it takes to download.

this is probably a factor but my guess is it is also Gateway limitation. I
guess Docomo has pretty much frozen trying to upgrade their PDC network and
move people to FOMA for network demanding applications. I think in june the
first dual-mode (foma/pdc) phones should show up.

With the gateways in europe moving quickly to a 200k chunk for application
(code+gfx, up to CP to decide how much for each) Docomo could get left out
as an island.  A very big island tho...

AFAIK the scratchpad content is downloaded piece by piece by the app, and so
is just local storage on the device that needs to be upgraded. If you can
download one big 100k chunk straight into the scratch then that would blow
my theory.

/dc

//
//  cjs
//  --
//  Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org
//      Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light.  --XTC
//
//  This mail was sent to address dc@gamelet.com