(keitai-l) Re: Blocked By Ezweb

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/18/03
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, James Santagata wrote:

> At 06:32 PM 4/17/03 +0900, you wrote:
> >It turns out that one of my mail servers seems to have been blocked by
> >ezweb's firewall; TCP connections to their MX host just time out. Does
> >anybody have any thoughts on who I might contact to get this fixed?
>
> I'd start by looking at your own system...

Well, to summarize:

1. No, it's not a dynamic IP address. It's a business DSL link from
speakeasy. (My other mail server, which does work, is a business DSL
link from megapath.)

2. Yes, in-addr.arpa lookups work.

3. No, I'm not on any block lists as far as I can tell. I've not had any
problems delivering elsewhere.

Note also that they've blackholed me at their router, not at their SMTP
server. That's pretty worrisome.

I've sent a note to postmaster@ezweb.ne.jp and it didn't bounce, but
I've not received any reply yet, either.

Interestingly enough, it turns out that stuff does get through
intermittently, now. But these two-day-delays in some of the e-mail I
send from my keitai are, well, annoying.

I guess if I get desperate I can rig up something to forward just those
outgoing messages from the one mail server to the other, but I'd rather
get the problem fixed. Perhaps if someone here is an AU customer with
an ezweb.ne.jp address, and wanted to complain to them that he can't
receive mail from academic.cynic.net (66.92.125.172)....

cjs