(keitai-l) Re: SmartPhones will kill consumer PDAs?

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 04/23/03
In Italy broadband based on fiberoptics is actually stopped as ADSL is=20=

a technology that can deliver
much of the services expected by the consumer. As Italy (Like Japan and=20=

not US) has a quiet dense
population 80% of the residents can be reached by ADSL at speeds up to=20=

4mbits.

ADSL has a great cost advantage over fiberoptics. An ADSL user=20
activation costs 50 usd that is a fraction of the 600 usd for=20
fiber-optic activation.

Anyway ADSL penetration is very low with 500.000 users and it is=20
doubling every year. The technology is here for advanced broadband but=20=

not the market...

I do not know about other nations in EU. Scandinavia must be much more=20=

advanced (Also the climate helps 8-)  )

Do you have any number about Japan?

Giovanni

Mercoled=EC, 23 apr 2003, alle 11:30 Europe/Rome, Gerhard Fasol ha=20

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/