(keitai-l) Re: SmartPhones will kill consumer PDAs?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/28/03
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, dc wrote:

> ...so it will be a cold day in hell (warm day in sweden?) before you
> see a Clie that can do data well... or ever make phone calls...

I guess you've not seen hell lately, because I reckon it's been chilly
there for a few months, then. :-)

Some of Sony's new PDAs have a CF slot, and they do a great job on
wireless data, both LAN (with Sony's CF 802.11 card) and WAN (with DDI's
CF Air-H" cards).

DDI now has an SD-card Air-H" card, opening up WAN wireless to more
PDAs. That doesn't help Sony much, though, as all the Clies use memory
stick. I can't recall if I've seen a memory-stick 802.11 card (it's
technically possible to make such a thing), but I know I've never seen a
memory-stick Air-H" card.

cjs