(keitai-l) AW: Re: SMS and URLs

From: Jan Michael Hess <jan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 05/09/03
As has been explained in earlier posts, only few phones in Europe
support WAP push or MMS which are suited to make people browse
after having received a message.

As far as I know, Telecom Italia Mobile pushed WAP push very
much in the past 12 months and are far ahead on the experience
curve in Europe. It is low tech but really powerful.

Jeff, I guess you are really interested in how to best do
mobile marketing for your mobile sites. This issue still seems
to be a big task. E.g. in the case of i-mode in Germany, there
are almost no e-mails or SMS to active i-mode users advertising a new
mobile site added to the official menu or a new feature on an
existing service. As a matter of fact, E-Plus in Germany now thinks
more about better co-marketing i-mode services in the mobile medium
and other media. Right now they work on an inhouse initiative to
start the first print magazine about official (and maybe) unofficial
i-mode content.

To sum up, doing mobile push marketing for mobile pull services
is still a big challenge in Europe.

Jan.