(keitai-l) Re: D505i

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 05/22/03
On Thu, 22 May 2003, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:

> D505i  ...

    No chance. Too thick, and ugly to boot.

> F505i  ...

    Quite possibly. It's the lightest of the lot (15g lighter than the
    P505i!), and though I hated the UI of my old Fujitsu when I first
    switched from Panasonic, certain things about it really grew on me.
    The biggest one was a separate "make a small character" key rather
    than looping through big then small on the same button. This speeds
    up English input enormously.

> N505i  ...

    Also rather thick, and I don't see anything special about it.

> P505i  ... 1 (Juergen)

    Love the button to automatically pop open the lid, and the other
    Panasonics I've looked at before felt good. Also a nice UI. Plus,
    you can get it in red! But it's got fewer colours on the display,
    and the camera is not megapixel. Hmmmmm...

> SH505i ...

    Not much different from the Fujitsu, from the looks of it. No
    fingerprint reader, but it does have this "Assist View" thing that
    lets you look at your schedule or phonebook or whatever no matter
    where you are, and then easily get back to where you were browsing
    the web or composing mail or whatever. But I want PalmOS-type
    switching of apps: leave one for another at any time, and come back
    right where you left off.

> SO505i ... 1 (Tom)

    Wow, man, what did these guys think they were building? A T-72 tank?
    I guess in terms of cost it's going to be a good deal, since for
    both size and weight you're getting 50% more phone.

cjs