(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone Live Emulator

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 05/22/03
The wheel may have turned full circle if a Japanese based developer wants
access to European Mobile content!

Anyway it is important to understand that Vodafone Live! encompasses java
apps, ringtones, SMS, MMS and browser based applications.

MMS:
Alatto's Memphis product provides the platform to Vodafone Live! for MMS
content and if you contact me offline I can give you a user and password
that will enable you to browse the Vodafone Live! MMS content from a PC
browser.

WAP: Regarding the browser based WAP content, Vodafone Live! uses XHTML and
WML for display depending on the handset. However you will not be able to
access with an emulator as the server will require authentication of the
MSISDN. May be possible to get around this by producing the right headers
etc.

java apps:
see http://www.vodafone.ie/live/experience/games/index.jsp for some sample
demos. There is a j2ME emulator available for the MIDP extensions deployed
by Vodafone Live! (i.e. JSCL) but you must sign up to Via Vodafone
(Vodafone's devloper partner programme) to get it.

John

www.alatto.com