(keitai-l) Re: tipicME

From: Andrew Sandes <andrew_at_asiaentry.com>
Date: 06/02/03
Tom, I have a Jabber-compatible IM client working on my J-Phone J-SH52
keitai.
The IM client allows me to talk to Jabber IM server so it can chat with
windows Jabber clients such as Tipic/Exodus etc.
As you may know, through Jabber, gateways can also be set up to IM with
Yahoo/AOL/MSN IM clients from any keitai.
TipicME is written according to J2ME standard so this is probably why it
won't work on J-Phone (or probably KDDI either).
This IM client has been written according to the JSCL from J-Phone by a
software company called Bullant

<invitation and plug>
This IM interface was built as a demo for upcoming Wireless Japan Show from
July 16th to 18th.
We will do a product release at the show of  a system that also allows
multitasking of Java applications on a keitai.
i.e. play a game, send instant messages, check your stocks, bid in an online
auction - all at the same time through one HTTP connection.
Bullant has a booth with NTT-ME at the Wireless Japan Show and will be
giving a seminar and demonstrating about next generation wireless asp
services.
If anyone on the list is interested to visit the Wireless Japan show, or to
come to our seminar, please let me know (off the list) as we have some
invitations to distribute.
</end plug>

Tom, please get in touch with me at andrew@sandes.com.au if you are
interested in more info on the IM client.

Cheers

Andrew