(keitai-l) Re: Ntt DoCoMo i-mode enters the italian market with Wind

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/23/03
hi Giovanni,

I would say the right business model for the local market is the only
thing.  DoCoMo is very bad at R&D.  it's the business that they are
way better than the rest of the world.

well, DoCoMo's overseas strategy is to promote the i-mode technology
and that's the end of everything.  DoCoMo's plan is to lead a new
Japanese Union-Fleet composed with the equipment manufacturers and
other companies to attack the world under the flag of a proprietary
technology.

it's too good a plan counting on i-mode could eventually defeat WAP.
they simply don't have the capability.

I think Japanese can still win the world in the WAP/OMA battlefield,
and I expect Nokia keep losing its handset market share to Asian
manufacturers: Korean, Japanese, and Taiwanese.