(keitai-l) Re: Camera Phone and services

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 08/08/03
Hi,

Looks like I somehow missed the start of this thread, but anyway:

Jeat Shyan wrote:
> Hi!  Thanks for your assistance.  I am looking at printing and online a=
lbums
> services.  Can you point me to some URL?
> =

> > Jeat Shyan wrote:
> >  > Hi!  I notice that there are many camera phones in Japan.  Can
> >  > someone give
> >  > a summary of the currently available services that can be used
> >  > with this phone?
> >
> > Jeat - You can find a summary of camera phones here:
> > http://www.eurotechnology.com/camera-phone/
> > [...]
> > The main applications are:
> > taking pix, sending pix, printing pix, online albums,
> > taking videos, sending videos, and there are quite a lot
> > of specialized services, such as image editing, frames,
> > cross platform conversion etc.

Here is another one. Some of you may recall that we created an Anoto Pen
PostCard thing for the Swedish Post - that one is only sort-of phone
based. However, since then we've also created a derivate that works for
Camera phones: =

Basically: you take a picture, write some text, pick a postal address
from your phone book (or enter it if you like) and send it off - a
Premium SMS is used for payment. The result is an A6 postcard with the
picture on one side (scaled&cropped as needed) and the text+address on
the other (predefined fonts for now) printed and posted from southern
Sweden to anywhere in the world.

Currently only Swedish phone operators are supported (for payment
reasons), but it can be used from any GSM covered part fo the world. The
initial version only supports Nokia camera phones.

In this case we did the server part of it and contracted Doberman (also
on this list) for the terminal bit. If you read Swedish you can find
info&app here:
http://www.posten.se/kampanj/wykort/popup.html

				/ Jonas
-- =

Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, V=E4stg=F6tegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrk=F6ping | http://www.xms.se=
/
Tel: +46 11 400 13 00 | Dir: +46 11 400 13 05 | Fax: +46 11 10 30 50