(keitai-l) New Ringtone Generation

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_cornell.edu>
Date: 08/28/03
Hi all;

    There's a question that's been bugging me for a few weeks now.
Now I'm pretty sure the only phone out now that uses the MA5 chip
in Japan (as of last week) is the N505i.  Are there any others that I
missed?

    Is the MA5 out in any other countries, like Europe, Taiwan, Korea or the
US?

    Also I'm pretty sure the SO505i also uses a Yamaha chip.  Is it the
MA5 or the MA3?  That's what's really bugging me.  I'll find out somehow
soon.... but I don't want to wait.  Or has Sony gone off to another method
of sound or a chip like with the funky SO503i (which so cool and so uncool
at the same time).

    Also looking at the TuKa catalog, it looks like they're giving up on the

Funstyle 64 voice capable phone now that the competition has caught up.
Anyone know if my guess if correct?  I never got to work on stuff for the
two
funstyle phones.  Oh well...

    The real name for MA chips is YMU something or other.  I don't recall
right this second.  YMU757 YMU759 or something like that.

--
-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"