(keitai-l) AW: SIM and J2ME

From: Jan Michael Hess <jan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 09/24/03
I think there are many advantages in replicating your
mobile phone data on a server and vice versa - like
www.cognima.com points out on their website.

some of the advantages:
1. synchronize data between handset and server,
   some local storage makes sense
2. access personal data from a browser
3. share personal data with other people
4. backup personal data when upgrading to a new device
5. move data between servers, e.g. big files like mp3, divX ;-)
6. replicate games on the server that you have to delete
   on your handset due to limited storage but would like
   to keep/share ...

in any case, you want to minimize traffic with
the help of compression and you want it secure.

I just wonder whether my MNO will be my favourite
server-based data manager. I guess not. I think this
is a market opportunity for new market entrants that
carry the trust of their user base.

jan.

www.mobileeconomy.de
www.mobiliser.org