(keitai-l) Re: QP? mobile-camera-readable barcode-type thing

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 09/27/03
Justin, these are 2D barcodes and have become standard for
many types of input and data transfers. They are used for
Cmode, for DoCoMo's payment system etc etc etc

If you did not find this on the web, it means you have
the wrong way of looking. Did you look English only, or
Japanese?

Gerhard

Justin Hall wrote:
> Hello Keitai-L -
>
> Today I was handed a business card from someone in Tokyo with a pixellated
> square patch in the corner of the card that I'm told is readable by a mobile
> phone camera.  The contact information of the business card is contained in
> that barcode-like pattern, they said.  They call it "QP" ?
>
> I can't find much trace of it on the web - I'm not sure that I have my facts
> straight.  Any idears here?
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html