(keitai-l) Re: Docomo to introduce new anti spam

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/06/03
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> Are there really spammers sending mail from phones rather than from
> outside DoCoMo's network?!

Technically, it ought not be too hard. Just figure out the protocol that
the external keyboards use, and simulate it with a computer plugged into
the phone. It can type in and send thousands of e-mail messages per day,
I would think.

But given what the packet charges would amount to, I can't see it being
very practical, unless you have a very targeted list. But if you did,
people wouldn't be complaining so much about it being spam. So this sounds
a bit odd....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org