(keitai-l) Re: Mobile operators as content providers

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 11/07/03
I think there are some standards for digital transmission coming up
which are aimed at these mobile devices. The idea is that these
transmissions are encrypted and then unlocked by a key which is received
by two-way IP traffic, ie when the user subscribes (perhaps for a short
period of time) to the broadcast stream.

this digital multicasting seems like a good use of the most scarce
resource, spectrum.

but push media/channels never really worked on the web, so not sure this
time will be any different.

/dc