(keitai-l) Re: Two problems

From: Tom Hume <tom_at_futureplatforms.com>
Date: 11/19/03
Out of interest, how often does this happen? I've had to do it once,
but I can't recall knowing anyone else (who doesn't work in mobile
telecomms) who has. Does this fit with other people's experience? Is it
different in Japan? Do the extensive testing procedures that operators
put handsets through help avoid nasties here?

On 18 Nov 2003, at 13:39, John Whelan wrote:

> A. Consumers in Europe sometimes need to upgrade the OS on a handset
> (for
> various reasons - usually unstable OS delivered by handset
> manufacturer!).
> In doing so normally they lose any content items (ringtones, logos,
> java
> apps) that they have purchased previously and stored on the phone.
---
Future Platforms Ltd
www.futureplatforms.com
e: tom@futureplatforms.com