(keitai-l) KDDI Phase3 & BREW

From: Mathieu Castelli <mathieu_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 11/26/03
Greetings to all,

recently I've seen several press release for games mentionning the phase3 Java
environment for upcoming WIN AU phones:
http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/article/news_toppage/16551.html
http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/article/news_toppage/16513.html

We got a recent (latest ?) that included several info on phase3 (but not the
API pdf): appli up to 150k, storage up to 200k (respectively 50k and 10k
before), access to camera features, etc.

Yet the API specs are nowhere to be found ( and it would much convenient than
trying to "build" them from jar files who came with the sdk). On their CGI
download tutorial they only mention phase1 and phase2 as the types of Java
files you can specify.

Did anybody here got their hands on the desired .pdf and could either pass it
or point to a site ?

Is the release of a third java phase when they begin their migration toward
BREW a sign that they won't after all kill the Java line ?

And final point, Esmertec seems to be working officially on a VM for BREW that
would automatically be downloaded and installed the first time a BREW handset
would try to access Java content. Has anybody got any news on that ?

Thank you, and sorry post to again on the same subject,

Mathieu Castelli
Newt Games