(keitai-l) Re: car cradle for Japanes phones

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 11/29/03
Hi Johannes:

The cradles for mobile phones in Japan are totally incompatible, essentially
you need a different cradle for every type of phone. Connectors are also
different between different types. I doubt there is much market for cradles,
because you get them free when you buy a phone. I doubt people have much
interest in cradles, since you essentially don't need them, since phones
are for carrying round. You can also charge a phone without the cradle...

Contact us off-line if you think we can help.

Gerhard

tarasp@gmx.de wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am working at an European company and we are faced with following problem:
>
> We want to integrate a mobile phone cradle into a car audio system and need
> suppliers for the cradle. The cradle needs to support the common phones on
> the Japanese market. On the other side there shall be universal interface to
> handle the mobile phone.
>
> Until now I found out that there is www.cellport.co.jp Now I wonder if there
> are more companies that offer cradles for Japanese mobile phones.
>
> I would appreciate any hint very much!
> Kind regards,
> Enjoy your weekend!
>
> Johannes
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html