(keitai-l) Re: Web mirror of list (was Re: nooper > valueclick)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/11/03
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Jonas Petersson wrote:

> Although email addresses are reasonably mangled, the message IDs are not
> and as they typically resemble email addresses, we see a fair amount of
> spam being sent to message IDs that are part of this list...

It sounds as if you're considering every possible address under your
domain to be a valid address. In the long run, this is going to kill you
independent of the message-id problem you described. One quick check
run by a spammer and you'll be recieving spam to tens of thousands of
"e-mail addresses" on your server.

Just MHO, of course, but you're much better off immediately rejecting
e-mail to addresses not known to be valid. Then you will never have to
deal withh it.

(This is getting a bit off-topic, so if you have technical questions
relating to this, please contact me off-list.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org