(keitai-l) Re: new keitai...

From: <nfgman_at_gamesx.com>
Date: 01/06/04
> On a  different topic, is there any open source (any sensible licence)
> software for getting keitai images onto webpages.

I had toyed with this before all these other services sprange up,
and actually came up with a nearly working 1-user prototype in
about an hour.  I worked it this way:

Incoming emails with a certain code in the subject (Or body)
would be saved to disc where a PERL script would decode the
image and output a text file with the subject title, body text
and image.  This text file would be appended to a webpage
with appropriate HTML code and the local webserver would
serve it up on demand.  There are plenty of open source PERL
apps to handle most of this, but I guess if you run your own
mailserver and webserver as I do it's an easier job...

If anyone wants to set something like this up I've got plenty o'
webspace, bandwidth and CPU time to donate.  =)

Lawrence.