(keitai-l) Re: Python running on Series 60 handsets

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/13/04
>>What carriers have flat-rate packet plans again?  I can just feel the
>>air warming up from all the transmitted data.  =)

In Japan AU has a flat data rate:

data rate downlink: 2.4Mbps
flat rate:          YEN 4200/month (= US$ 40.00)

Actually, what you really pay depends on the your discount
package. If you have no discount then the full rate is:

Basic subscription YEN 3013
+ EZ  subscription YEN  300
+ EZ  flat rate    YEN 4200
Total              YEN 7513 (= US$ 70)

however, some people have up to 50% discount from this.

I doubt that the T-Mobile flat plan mentioned is
at 2.4 Mbps, most likely it's 9.6kbps, which is
about 200 times slower in theory.

Gerhard

Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html