(keitai-l) Re: Related - Mobile computing on a new level

From: Philip Sidel <psidel_at_iuj.ac.jp>
Date: 02/17/04
Please don't forget about the consumer side of this discussion.  Our
research is showing very clearly that consumers have deep concerns
regarding the merging of all functionality into one device.

The tradeoff between convenience and security concerns is significant, and
cannot be ignored.  Additionally, there are other factors at play, each
affecting the choice to adopt and use specific devices.  Although the
technology may be fantastic, without a reasonable and effective story to
the consumer, that technology will fail.

Best,
   Philip