(keitai-l) Re: Related - Mobile computing on a new level (but heading OT)

From: <Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 02/20/04
Curt,

I don't really want to keep this thread going - it's off topic - but I also
want to correct this misconception.

>Ah, is that what he meant? Now it makes sense. I've *never* seen an HDTV
set in any of the major electronics stores, and I know nobody who owns
one.<

You're not looking hard enough! Most of the new sets that show terrestrial
digital are HDTV and many of the LCD and PDP sets above about 20-24 inches
are HDTV. Many of the CRT widescreen sets too. They are usually marked "Hi
Vision" or, more common these days, "Digital Hi Vision" in Japanese

As my earlier e-mail indicated, several hundreds of thousands of such sets
were sold in Japan last year.

Oh, and BTW, I own an HDTV set. The picture is fantastic both because its
digital - no ghosting - and because the resolution is higher.

Martyn