(keitai-l) Re: operators performance in March

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 04/07/04
> On Apr 7, 2004, at 8:10 PM, keitai-l@appelsiini.net wrote:
>
> i-mode still has a lot of problems, especially the i-mode mail
> which is by far inferior compared with au/KDDI and Vodafone.jp.
> (the decomail is a good thing).

Do you have evidence that this is causing consumers to move away from
imode or putting people off subscribing?

I use i-mode mail and it seems to work "well enough". It would not be a
factor in moving to a different service. I have not heard others
mention it as a factor when considering moving to another service.

Are you referring merely to "technical inferiority" (often irrelevant
in the market place, as a glance at Windows XP will surely confirm) or
to a "real world problem that users are aware of"?

You often point out that imode is a service, but then criticise it as
inferior on purely TECHNICAL grounds...  Is the technical inferiority
relevant?
Nick