(keitai-l) Re: Multiplayer (was: location based gaming)

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 04/11/04
Bill, thank you very much for the well featured article.

I'm still doing my unprofessional study of games and haven't found
good clues.  mobile games (GBAs or cell phones) have the advantage
over arcade coin-ops in that they have memory and can resume easily,
while multi-player games are somewhere in the middle: they usually
need a "warm-up" at the beginning of each session.

my preference is if we could have "text games" via messaging or BBS
and create our Chainmail (not body armor) of the wireless age.

regarding LCS, I think JR (Japan Railway) might be interested if
people need to be physically in a place, a convenience store etc.,
to take a specific role.  ... but didn't we need LCS in galaxies?