(keitai-l) Re: PC to Docomo email

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/12/04
That's in our i-mode FAQ:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

you just send an email to the docomo keitai, with the ketai
address being something like: xyz@docomo.ne.jp

if your addressee has a MOVA (2G) phone you need to keep the message
within 250 kanji or 500 romaji, and attachments will be discarded.

if your addressee has a FOMA (3G) phone, you can send much
longer emails, and also you can send image attachments. 900i handsets
also can accept html mail, but I am not sure you can send that
from PCs, but that's easy to check.

There is a problem with e-moji - these are essentially a
competitive tool and don't work well between carriers or PC/DoCoMo.

I found however, that recently some emails from non-DoCoMo sources
to DoCoMo phones take 2-3 days to deliver. Not sure why this is.

if you need details about the statistics, i.e. how many emails
people send (hint: it's on average about 7/day), you can find those
in the various DoCoMo press announcements and presentations, in
market reports and in our imode report:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/imode/

Hope this helps.

Gerhard

Scarface wrote:
> I need to send email to a docomo keitai, how can i do this from pc?
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
                                        http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html