(keitai-l) Re: Keitai email addresses

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 04/16/04
I am getting confused....

Scarface-sama, are you trying to do something simple; just send email
to keitai from your PC, or something complex and probably naughty;
pretend to be inside the docomo/au/vodafone network so you can do
things wot you shouldn't...?

1) Basically, you can send ordinary email to Japanese keitai from your
PC (assuming your ISP has not been blacklisted). There is a limit on
the number of characters. When Docomo are VERY busy (they handle just
under a billion emails a day) you may very occasionally find your mail
does not get through. If you email in to their network a lot, I believe
you can pay to get preferential treatment for your server.

2) You almost certainly can't pretend to be "inside" the operator's
networks, without their assistance. But I can't think of a good reason
why you should. If you find you can, do feel free to "share" but
offlist, and in a brown envelope...

3) There are good reasons why you might want to forge reply to and From
addresses, but they are mainly so that you can have keitai email
replies go to you own server where it can be procmailed whichever which
way you want...

I know this is repeating what others have said, but there seems to be a
lot of talk at cross purposes....

Nick