(keitai-l) Re: Keitai email addresses

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/18/04
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 Martyn_Williams@idg.com wrote:

> Cellphones have a regular e-mail address. This isn't SMS or anything. You
> can send an e-mail from (almost) any Internet connected e-mail box just
> like you send to anyone else.

I understand this. (I'm a sysadmin; I've run an ISP; I know a lot about
e-mail.)

The point here is that they can block the e-mail from you the same way
anybody else can block e-mail from you.

I've met at least two people using docomo to whom I can send mail from
my phone, but not from my computer. When I start an SMTP session with
docomo's mail server, I get "user not found" in response to my RCPT TO
command, though it is indeed a valid e-mail address.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org