(keitai-l) Re: FeliCa and usage data

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/25/04
some text gone before I sent the last message:
> there are two ways that FeliCa prepaid card [can benefit operators]

(1)
btw, I also read the news about "delinquent teenagers".  though
there are too many unprofessional market data, I was amazed by this
> 30.4% of normal boys and girls 13-15 yrs have a mobile phone,
> with a monthly fee about JPY 6,500, while for delinquent students,
> 57.0% have a mobile phone any pay a monthly fee around JPY 13,000.

now, let's call delinquent boys and girls "premium customers".

(2)
about wireless Web access in Japan, we can roughly say that
1/3 of subscribers are frequent users more than once a week, and
1/3 never use the Web or use less than once a month.

more you look into the Japanese market, you will see the energy
behind a market which is not that different from the rest of world.
very strange.