(keitai-l) Backing up VCard

From: <camacho21203_at_yonden.co.jp>
Date: 08/30/04
I have a Vodafone J-T010 that used a miniSD. I am able to export the
phonebook to the miniSD card as
a VCF file. Inside my computer (PC and Mac), I'd like to be able to look at
the phonebook. When I try
to open the vcf card in Windows, it opens but no data appears. I haven't
tried Mac OS X.

The reason for all of this is because I plan to stop service on Vodafone
and switch back to AU. There will
be a one week delay until I get my new AU, so I'm going to have to enter my
contacts/phonebook myself.

So, I am trying to find a way to do this, without re-entering all the data
by hand.

I'm not too keen in buying a commercial software program for the vodafone
to get my data out if I plan[
to stop using it. I came across a Excel Macro on Vector Japan called
"VcfEdit." Seemed like it would do the
trick but it might be geared for a particular handset.

Outside of building my own app, or perhaps using Filemaker, any ideas?

Cheers,

Carlos Alberto Camacho
Senior Staff
International Activities Project Team