(keitai-l) Re: kddi + opera

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/30/04
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Frengle, Nik, VF-JP wrote:

> ...somewhat 'iffy': "KDDI has enjoyed tremendous success in the
> mobile services market, and has surpassed NTT DoCoMo, a unit of
> Japan's former phone monopoly, winning more than three times as many
> subscribers to their 3G mobile service."
> With over 55 million customers, I am not quite sure that DoCoMo has
> been 'surpassed' by au's 17 million yet ;-)

I think that the "3G" is the important bit there: it is indeed true that
AU has surpassed Docomo in the number of 3G phones deployed.

Dodgy, but all's fair when marketing. :-)

As for, "BREW is Qualcomm's open source application development
platform," well, I can't come up with any plausable explanation for that
one that would match generally accepted definitions of "open source."

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***