(keitai-l) Re: mobile phones killing iPod (was "iPod killing Mobile Phones")

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 10/23/04
Actually, the most important factor are not the
technical specs but what people want!

Video-telephony and chaku-uta both have so-so
technical specs, work, but can be improved along
the lines Reto explains.

However, there is a big difference:
market response = what people really want.

and here the answer is simple:

there is no indication people starve for video
telephony.

there are all indications that people want to
download music to mobile phones - whatever the
limitations. I can see that with my kids, on
the road and in statistics, see:
http://fasol.com/blog/2004/09/itunes-versus-chaku-uta-downloads.html

Gerhard

Reto.Grob@swisscom.com wrote:
> You're right that the first offerings won't be great, but actually you
> can extrapolate:
> a. battery consumption..
> b. interface..
> c. regarding DRM, upload, download..
> So.. for short term..
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/