(keitai-l) Re: Can I connect to 2 servers in iAppli

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/28/04
> I am a new member of this mailing list. This is my 1st post.

welcome

> Here I want to connect to another server which is a streaming server. which
> will pushing sone data. I want to fetch that data and display on mobile as a
> result. - Is it possible if yes how can I do it - please confirm.

yes, but iAppli can only connect to the server from which it was downloaded.
But most emulators will let you connect to any server.

> To connect to streaming server and get the data api's are provided, but
> those are not developed using J2ME. - can I use those API - please confirm.

You'll probably just want to connect via URL.  Using a higher level data api
such as SOAP or XML-RPC will possibly take up too much space in your appli.

Take a look at the wiki:  http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/

--jason