(keitai-l) Re: lust

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/30/04
On Nov 30, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:

>  1. The linux kernel is not well suited to real-time embedded
>     systems. It's not terribly reliable in the first place, it has no
>     comprehensive testing framework, and has a lot of duplicated code.

You used to have a "netbsd" reference as a footer to each email...

Are you talking here about "vanilla linux" (such as it there is such a
creature) or are you referring to a the various "hard real time"
versions of the kernel (or "kernel with extensions"?)

Montavista Linux is powering these beasties - I don't know the details
of their "real time" claims, there is an article about it here...

Nick