(keitai-l) Re: economist link

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/07/04
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, nick may wrote:

> The interesting thing over the last few years is how consumers are
> prepared to make major sacrifices in quality if there is a dramatic
> cost saving/other advantage.  Witness the growth of....

Not just consumers! Businesses are willing to do that, too. Witness
the growth of using the Internet to connect offices instead of leased
lines. Not only are many businesses replacing some of their leased
lines with less reliable, less secure and (sometimes even) slower
Internet connections, but far more had already made it clear, by leaving
potential links unconnected until the Internet came along, that cost,
not quality, was the key factor.

The Internet itself is shining proof yet again that the, "cheap, and
lots of it," strategy tends to be a real winner.

> What is the compelling advantage of 3G? There is still a good story to
> tell about 2G, (coverage/handoff) but I don't buy - (and literally have
> not bought) - the extra G...

Isn't it reducing the carrier's bandwidth crunch?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***