(keitai-l) Re: economist link

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/08/04
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Eric Hildum wrote:

> Actually, the business are in a position to engineer their networks so
> that they get the quality of leased line connections.

Well, given enough money, any business is in a position to do anything.
So these guys were also in a position to buy the leased line.

But most businesses didn't, and most today don't engineer their networks
to have the quality (i.e., uptime, committed information rate and
privacy) that a leased line would give them. They just don't need it, or
can't justify the cost.

> It is not a case that quality is sacrificed to cost, but simply voice
> is now another factor in the network design.

I was talking not about voice, but data.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***