(keitai-l) 406 errors and the google keitai proxy

From: nick may <nick_at_go-fubar.com>
Date: 12/20/04
This is probably a no-brainer - but I am feeling particularly dim
tonight...

The keitai specific pages on my website are browse-able by keitai.
However, when I do a google search through my i-mode keitai for content
on my "website" (not the keitai site) and look at it through their
proxy, the server (my server) is generating 406 errors to the proxy....

I suspect this is to do with language negotiation in Apache.

(there is some brief blurb here about 406 errors).
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E406.html

I tried changing index.php to index.html.html (a suggested workaround I
read up on ages ok) but to no avail....

I use url parsing for everything - there are no "real" directories in
web-space except for graphics. So no /xxxx/index.html type extension in
urls for it to grab, just /xxxx/.

I have access to my httpd.conf file.

Anyone know what the google keitai proxy is sending that my server is
barfing on - and a fix?

regards nick