(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone does FeliCa

From: Mohit Sindhwani <mohits_at_onghu.com>
Date: 03/01/05
Again, in Singapore, you can check your last 20 transaction or so using
your EZ Link card. There were two ways to do this:
1. At a machine in the station where you could also add more value to
your card.
2. On the website of the EZLink company.

#1 would suggest that the card stores a certain number of transactions,
but #2 suggests that centralized storage is also quite likely in this case.

My guess is that the system is probably not real-time but forwards the
transactions to the server at some designated time?

OK, this is from their website "*only the transaction of last 3
days(excluding today) and maximum of 20 transactions(latest) will be
displayed" - and true to their word, my transaction for this morning is
not included in the list. So, I guess, it updates the server at some
time, no sure when.

If you want to see where else the EZ Link Card is used in Singapore,
take a look at their website:
http://www.ezlink.com.sg/whereEzlinkUsed.htm

Cheers
mohit.