(keitai-l) Re: Feb 2005 mobile subscriber add/loss data for Japan

From: Benjamin Joffe <benjamin_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 03/09/05
With 2 new CEOs in the last 6 months, they are restructuring quite
heavily...
It also seems that Vodafone KK does not have any exciting handsets in
the box for the next 10 months.
As a result, quite a few Vodafone staff actually left the company out of
boredom.

Also, current customers willing to renew handsets have almost no choice
but to take
the new 3G ones. Considering shop assistants themselves say that the
coverage is poor and
that 3G does not add much to the user experience (at least for the
average user, not the
Bluetooth or roaming addict), renewing a handset today is a bit of a
challenge due to their high
price and lackluster...

As a non-related information, Vectis International just released a
report I co-authored on
"Mobile Music Best Practices from Japan and Korea" providing actionable
information
from in-depht analysis and numerous interviews in both countries.
The report is aimed at operators, content providers, web portals, music
labels, etc.
willing to learn how the leaders of the world's two most advanced
markets in terms
of content usage and 3G penetration could organize the marketplace,
position themselves,
and the successul strategies they followed.

Press Release:
http://www.vectis-intl.com/press_0304_2005.htm

Table of Content:
http://www.vectis-intl.com/en/TableofContentsMobileMusicJapanandKorea.pdf

A related article from Red Herring:
http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=11374&hed=The+Chaku-uta+challenge&sector=Industries&subsector=Communications

Do not hesitate to contact me if you want further information or
purchase a copy.
Cheers,
-- Benjamin