(keitai-l) Re: traffic management

From: <Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 03/23/05
Nick,

I don't know much about the system in depth but, like fixed line phones,
cell phones can be designated to have priority over others during such
instances.

On the fixed line network typically green public telephones have priority
over other public phones and regular lines. The carriers can also designate
fixed and cell phones to have priority and typically do so for those
belonging to mass media organizations, emergency services, banks, public
utilities etc. I think this system works between all carriers.

In the case of non-priority phones, I would guess that intra-network
connections might be easier than cross network simply because there are
less bottle-necks to contend with.

Martyn