(keitai-l) Re: Bluetooth, iSync and the blues...

From: Hugh Ashton <hughashton_at_gmail.com>
Date: 03/31/05
On 30/03/2005 19:56, "nick may" <nick@kyushu.com> wrote:

>> I'm looking for a Bluetooth-enabled phone from a Japanese carrier
>> which can:
>> 1) Import and export data (via BT) reasonably easily to and from OS X,
>> preferably via iSync
>
> Panther or Tiger? Tiger, due mid April (maybe) promises (kedo...)
> syncml support. That should allow it to sync with the Voda 702NK over
> isync, currently available for 1yen (2 year contract) or 3000yen (1
> year contract)

Interestingly, that's what I'd really been looking at as my first choice.
I'm pleased to hear that it does everything (probably) that I want (I did
see that there was a script for the overseas version of this Nokia beast).
3rd-party apps aren't an issue for me, really - my main tool is my laptop,
not my phone, so I don't think I'd be using it for little Java apps, etc.

I will be getting Tiger soon after it comes out, so that will be fun to see.

Many thanks for the advice.

Hugh