(keitai-l) Support Staffing for Mobile Software

From: William Volk <bvolk_at_bonusmobile.com>
Date: 04/09/05
Does anyone have a good idea on staffing projections for mobile software
support?

If I sell 100k units of a software title in a month ... what is a good
estimate of the number of support calls I can expect for:

1. A standalone game.

2. A game that accesses the network, i.e. to download new images or text.

3. Full on multiplayer game.

Assume that we will only offer these games for handsets we have in our
hands, and there will be a good deal of testing.

My concern is case #3, as the carriers (in the USA) do not always do a good
job of setting up network gateways on the handsets.

Thanks,

William Volk
CEO, Bonus Mobile Entertainment
858 692 1124