(keitai-l) Re: HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/17/05
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, D_C wrote:

> Does anyone know of listings for which phones accept which character
> encodings? its my understanding that almost all the phones are S-JIS
> only, tho a few here and there may support unicode.
>
> is this header passed both by kddi and docomo gateways?

I have no idea if the header is passed or not, but keep in mind that
this is not just an issue with the phones: the gateways also do
character set translation.

I have a few slightly oldish phones (P504i, AU 1011-something-or-other,
J10-something-or-other) that I use for testing at work, as sort of a
quick sample of phones that are still in use but not cutting edge. All
three of them will accept e-mail in ISO-2022-JP and UTF-8; neither the
Docomo nor the J-Phone will render UTF-8 web pages.

I find this very annoying.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***